Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration      Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links      Hall of Fame      Miami scratches      Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(2): Here are the facts on Miami

I don't have access to their books, but from what I understand, Miami loses about 1M on jai-alai a year while making $1M a week on slots. But there is overhead involved, slot machine rentals, taxes, maintenance, etc. As a business owner myself, I can understand why Jonas is angry. He is running the place to make money and those plans are to have slots and limited hand blackjack tables - which was on the agenda with the Senate.

One does not have to be a rocket scientist to see that as soon as decoupling comes, players will be out the door along with jai-alai. They still have those 1980s large screen TVs in there (they still work!), pulled out the museum, removed the words jai-alai off the outside signs, and got rid of all the tellers but one - to cash you out.

Alq - About 10 of us will be up in Connecticut June 1st to play at Jai-alai Heaven and Matts for a few days for our 3rd annual tournament. Bringing some good players, but unfortunately Randy and Daniel will not be coming. Hope to see you up there if your back up there again..........if not, see you at Dania/Miami soon........

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording