Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(2): Colder than a Witch's Tit!
IP: 92.24.235.13

If it's any consolation, Jim ( Hi Joe!) it's been like the god in charge of England weather is having a joke with us. It's mid May and up until today it's been grey, cold, windy...but dry! That's pretty much 7 months of winter. Another 4 months and it will be the start of autumn..
The live music scene here is not much better than yours, I tell you.I'll be writing more on this soon. The basic problem is that with the advent of national TV talent shows the audience is now up on the stage, being authors, poets, rock stars , rappers and artists in a fairly mediocre way. The remaining people who aren't amateur stars, are busy on their phones or at the bar. People are jaded with an over-supply of music which is merely 'quite good'. It may surprise you to know that I am thinking about stopping live work..at least until further notice, until the audience gets OFF the stage and off their bloody phones. Seriously. You're not alone. I know other musicians who also feel this way.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording