Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(3): Colder than a Witch's Tit!
IP: 216.30.189.137

I'll take your word for the influence of talent shows, but I think the internet in general—and social media more specifically—has played a huge part in allowing/encouraging every voice to express itself, resulting in a generalised din.

My better half, who works as a publishing industry consultant, frequently makes that point when speaking to would-be authors. Increased literacy + ease of distribution—be it on social media or the relative ease with which one can create an ebook or print-on-demand paperback without having to utilise a publisher—means that Authorship is no longer for the elite who've been blessed by the gatekeepers. Publishing is no more than pressing a virtual button, and 'content creation' is now everyone's leisure activity. And of course if you're an author trying to figure out how to rise above the din and get noticed, it can be a pretty frustrating environment.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording