Just Big Radio Show

Outlaws Training Logs

He was a smart guy who shared interesting views on Christianity

Before I got off FB, I followed him and enjoyed his posts. He didn't seem to fall into any modern categories of Christianity. Indeed, some of the things he expressed were similar to Docetism, an early form of Christianity that did not believe Jesus had an earthly existence but was divine only. That may sound strange to modern Christians, but keep in mind that Christian beliefs percolated for 300 years before the Catholic church was formed, and those beliefs varied about some things Christians uniformly accept today. I don't know for sure what his beliefs were; it did strike me that he was intellectually curious and shared a variety of things, and was very spiritual. My impression was that he had read some of the Gnostic gospels, and he could have been sharing things to make people think and spark discussion. Apart from being an outstanding lifter, a very nice man. When I told him once that a lot of aspects of early Christianity were difficult to understand, he told me "[JHS], God is inside you." Very kind thing to say.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording