Beach Boys Britain
This time 45 years ago

Hope you good people out there are having a great time seeing "the boys" this summer wherever in the world they are playing. All of the recent tragedies that are happening all over the world currently just makes one want to focus on more peaceful things....thus my heading for 45 years ago.

I was barely a nipper in June 1972 but it just seems to represent a fantastic time in the world of The Beach Boys and music. Apart from Holland being recorded during what must have been an incredible summer, Abba were recording their debut album Ring Ring, Tv programme Rainbow was being put together and the Doctor Who team were recording Carnival Of Monsters which would air in January 73. Although there has always been unrest in the world 45 years ago just seemed to be more peace and innocent?(yeah right!!.

I first got my mitts on Holland in 1987 when I was 16, though I already knew some of the tracks after first hearing them on Ten Years Of Harmony. Holland has always been in my top favourite albums and it just blows my mind. Its such a peaceful album that flows so gently. You know when you hear a song for the first time and you could swear that you,ve heard it(in another world, lol!!!). Thats what I felt when I heard Holland. Funky Pretty and the fairytale just felt like I,d always known them and the use of synthesizers, moog,etc just seemed to stick. Dr Who used this a lot in the early 70s during Pertwees era.

I,m just keen to hear any fans out there that remember this classic area of the group, how they felt at the time, the album and any lucky person that was in attendence at Crystal Palace on June 2nd 1972(Wow!!).

Love and best wishes to everyone out there and be safe always

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording