Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Happy Birthday Sir Paul
IP: 72.86.139.56

The big 7-5 for Macca today. As there has been a lot of reading in the pub of late, I picked up Mike McCartney's autobiography Thank U Very Much. Delightful writing and fantastic photos and loads of historical trivia. I learned about the Siren of Liverpool, aka Thelma Pickles, who was John's girlfriend before Cynthia and went on to date Paul before becoming the wife (and later ex-wife) of Roger McGough. Hot on her heels was Maureen Cox who cheated on Ringo with George in 1973 but was originally the girlfriend of Johnny Guitar from the Hurricanes (whose drummer was of course Ringo). As the Scaffold song goes - "but of all God's little creatures Liverpool birds beat all the rest.."

Coincidentally there has just been some Fab wife news in that Yoko will from now on receive composition credit for Imagine (smells like a copyright maneuver to me) and Olivia found a song in a piano bench that George had written for Ringo. But getting back to Paul, he recorded a song with Heather Mills back in 1999 called Voice which is on YouTube for those interested.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording