Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(1): Blown to Smithereens
IP: 73.69.249.156

Dan, I LOVE that band. I have been covering "Behind the Wall of Sleep" for years in my repertoire. Pat Dinizio has a singular voice; unusual for sure, but a great match for the guitar stylings of guitars Jim Babjak and the band players. Their takes on Beatles songs are kinda cool. They drop the tunings and do them their own way. I correspond with Jim Babjak from time to time on Facebook and email. They really did a great job as opener for Tom Petty awhile back.

Poor Pat has had to deal with some serious health problems, due to his rare nervous disorder. I understand stage anxiety only too well. It has nearly crippled me on occasion. That said, he still has a LOT of energy. I love their cover of the early Beatles song "I'll be on My Way."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK5GrcOtCbM

I also love this particular live rendition of "Behind the Wall of Sleep." It appears to have been at Pat's house during an annual "Fan Jam". The vocals are terribly distorted on this cam video, but the band sounds as good and tight here as any band playing in a studio. I love and respect Pat's love for The Beatles. This is a fiery version of the song, particularly when Jim's guitar comes in after the drum stick intro. They are great to their fans and present their music like a friendly gift to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMYjXhIwiO4

I adore this band, their dark, Eminor key moody songs, and their sincere and seriously rocking sound.

Be Well, Dan!
Best, Jim Hollis
NH, USA

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording