Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration      Participación en Chalk Talk
OneStop Entries/Results/Stats     Useful Links     Hall of Fame
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

King's Court - - - about that betting and play . . . .

This is my fourth post about King's Court. I'm not promoting the place, but merely giving information about what I experienced when I went there on Fathers' Day, its second performance. That way, readers can decide whether they want to go, and if so, what they can expect. My three earlier posts about King's Court discussed the ball, the cancha, and the fronton. Now, for the betting and play: A performance was 8 singles games. Ten Dania players were the entire roster, meaning that most played six or seven games. The time between games to bet was extremely short - about 3 minutes. All 8 games took less than one and a half hours; post time was noon, the last game ended before 1:30 PM. Each game's results were announced only once, and those results, and the numbers of the win, place, and show teams were on the scoreboard for only seconds. The scoreboard during the game was like Miami's, with the rotation order shown after each point, with the number of points each team had. Two betting windows took win, place, show, quiniella, and trifecta bets, and cashed winning tickets. The two ladies who acted as tellers at the window were inexperienced; the bettor had to be patient - not a quality often found among jai-alai fans waiting to bet. Hopefully, the time before the next performance, July 4, will be used to train the tellers ! The two scoreboards were television screens, which showed the game as it was played. Before each game, win odds were periodically shown. The low attendance meant low amounts in the betting pools. The quiniella I won paid $3.50. (Yes, that decimal is in the right place - three dollars, fifty cents). The play was what one would expect using a rubber ball. That has been much discussed in my and others' posts. Repeating, no throw hit the back wall on the fly. One of the two types of rubber balls they used to use at amateur jai-alai in North Miami, decades ago, might be satisfactory, but it still is a rubber ball. (I don't know if that type of ball - to be discussed in another post - is still used at that amateur fronton.) Thanks for reading this far. Now you should know enough to decide whether to go, and if you do, what to expect.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording