Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration      Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links     Hall of Fame
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Professional effort

Being a newbie here I have read numerous post from archives about the effort of playing.Having been a loyal fan (5-6 times a weekk) I have had my share of let downs. I hear the bettors yelling "their not trying" "their looking at the ball which supposedly tells them who is supposed to win" "Fix" and many more. We cheer for a player as long as we need them to win and if they dont win then we claim their not trying. Large crowds and cheering inspire these atheletes and for the last 5-10 years they have been playing in front of almost no one. The best baseball players and other athletes also have lazy days, as do I.Do we boo or scream when a player juggles the ball and it goes uncalled? Not if we needed them to win. We overlook bad play if it means winning. What player is so good that they can purposely throw a carom that goes out of bounds by a half inch? Why didnt Nolan Ryan only throw strikes, or a great shortstop missed an easy ground ball.Yes there are superior players on board but lets not be to harsh as to say their lazy when they play in front of maybe 10 ppl at times and we all have days when we dont fill 100%. I will miss the excitement of tournaments like the Citrus because we always know we we get a solid effort from all and the large crowds would be there to support them.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording