Re(8): Rockwell

Just got done studying results from several pulls during past few days.
1) Always looked to see who test hook was and distance. My conclusion is if puller is quite respectable in normal performance (having demonstrated in the past that it is a winner), finishing at 300' with a plus or minus of 10', then consider the sled set as the eventual winner will be 20' to 30' further ahead, with a few in between.
2) Too many clases are now being set too heavy in the sled making for short distances and putting on a poor show.
3) Even observed a class that a GN puller at a RN event was test hook, pulling 275' on an interesting nice ride (par for that class of tractors) and it was deemed sled needed to be set heavier to prevent a possible future tractor from having a wild ride. Yeah, right. This action did create dangerous wild rides because the pulling distance was much too short for the engines that did run. If anything the sled should have been set lighter, not heavier.
4) Seems like now their is a paranoia amongst the officials in charge of letting the vehicles get up and run out to a good respectable distance.
5) On the opposite extreeme, why did Rockwell second session allow Semis to run floating finish (wow, great distances) when new rules state pulloff will occur with original pull past 330'?

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

This forum contains published rumors, speculation, assumptions, opinions as well as factual information. Information on this site may or may not be true and not meant to be taken as fact. This forum makes no warranty as to the validity of any claims. Furthermore the views, opinions and comments expressed by people in the comment section as well as the message board do not reflect the views and opinions of me. They donít speak for me and I am NOT responsible for their comments. THIS IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT ....
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording