Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration      Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links     Hall of Fame
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(5): Internationaux Cesta Punta Final

I'm not sure why ICP schedules as it does Jim. They've been doing it like that since I've been following. It might have something to do with the fact that they avoid scheduling conflicts with Jai Alai World Tour which is played in South Basque Country. JAWT matches are usually (but not always) played on the weekends. And since there is an overlap in players for both tournaments that could be an issue.

The only other thing I can think of, which may or may not mean anything, is that the Professional Jai Alai played in the North Basque (France) is mostly a tourist attraction. As far as I know, wagering on Jai Alai is illegal there. Also, July and August are the big tourist seasons there. As you will see (if this year is anything like the last 2), attendance will not be a problem in these tournaments regardless of the Tuesday-Thursday starts. There are 2 matches each night (about 8 and 9 pm). Wagering is an important part of Jai Alai (as well as other BP sports) in the South Basque (Spain).

You are correct, last Thursday's attendance was down. But not much more than last year's 1st tournament (Championnat de France, which also featured mostly B level players). When the real action starts, this coming Tuesday, I predict the crowds will be there.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording