Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration      Participación en Chalk Talk
OneStop Entries/Results/Stats     Useful Links     Hall of Fame
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

My assessment

I just saw the video posted on youtube (didn't see it live), and as I always say, whoever has the forehand in the backcourt has a massive advantage at this level. So, I decided to count as I watched. In set 1, Lopez caught 14 forehands, and scored with 4. Errandonea caught 2, and only because he was forced into them. He didn't have time to run around them. But I will say his left side looks super good. He just needs to learn forehand catching and returns at this level. Granted, his frontcourter was way off, and the pairings were a mismatch. Two totally different talents levels. #1 seed vs say #22.

In the 2nd set, Lopez took 13 forehands to Errandonea's 3, all of which were forced forehands for Errandonea.

At any rate, clearly Aritz was placing the forehand rebote with absolute crystal clean power. Never seen a player throw a left side rebote and get the pelota react like a forehand picada was thrown. I've always said that about him. It's the best shot in the game right now, truly, apart from Goiko's forehand rebote cortada, which no one really attempts but him

Super short match, but still nice to watch. As most of you said, Lopez was playing maybe 3/4 pace, and STILL placing the pelota dead on. He has always been one to vary the pace, something that is hard to do, and still play offensively. What a player.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording