Boards2go Support

User Making Unfounded Threats

I just had a woman email me tonight threatening there would be consequences if I did not remove her "personal information" from my B2G board. Her personal information happens to be her first and last name-- which SHE posted herself! She left a disparaging comment on our public forum (which she is trying to claim she "assumed" was a private chat site) running down our website, and I replied back to her with "Attn: Her first and last name" in the subject line... which I would not have even known, had she not already posted it! This post she made was way back in 2015. I have not heard a thing from her since then, even though she is claiming she has been trying to contact me for some time to get her information removed (she also said this in the email: "I have taken the liberty of notifying the host of the page at Boards2Go. Perhaps, by some strange circumstance, they may be able to remove the page since it goes against policy to fail to remove personally identifying information from public view when requested to do so and can be construed as harrassment.") If her name is coming up in search engines and directing to her post, and my subsequent chastisement of her for misusing the forum, that is her issue, is it not? What should my response be to this individual in regard to this matter? We have done nothing wrong, she is the one fully responsible for her name getting out there. She also claims that no one else's first and last names appear on the forum, but if you scroll down through the posts you can see this is not true. Here is the post in question, my rebuttal is underneath: http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?action=read&id=1428383211.1956&user=nigoragoats

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording