Beach Boys Britain
Cohasset Music Circus - August 11, 2017

Cohasset Music Circus - August 11, 2017

The South Shore Music Circus is a sardine can, they way they pack-em-in. I don’t go through the portal without thinking of the first time I went with my mom and my two aunts to see Perry Como in the late 1970’s and had to sit in four separate seats to be close to the King of Smooth. One of those aunts bought me my first record player at 3 (I am sure my mother cursed her.) and bought me a Perry Como “45" every week when she was paid. Hot Diggedy Dog!

The Music Circuses/Tents (plural) are still low-tech in terms of no video - but high-tech in terms of sound. So last night it was old school. And very much in Patriots Nation - with a little boy in the front row who looked about 3 years old in Tom Brady style regalia and a Hawaiian lei for the Beach Boys.

The BB guitarists put guitar picks in his tiny hands and Mr. Johnston handed him a water which delighted him. A “prize" for the little one.

Tom Brady is a 5-time Super Bowl winner. American football. Musical Director Scott Totten became a Patriots fan when he was in school at Berklee College of Music in Boston and told the audience how the BB’s watched the miracle come-back Patriots at the Super Bowl which was on February 5th (my youngest son’s birthday!) on satellite while they were in Australia!

Sold-out show setlist…

Surfin’ Safari
Catch A Wave
Little Honda
Do It Again
Surfin’ USA

Surfer Girl
Getcha Back
Wendy

Why Do Fools Fall in Love
When I Grow Up to be a Man
Darlin’ - Mr. Foskett

You’re So Good To Me
Kiss Me Baby
Then I Kissed Her - standing ovation for Ike!
Dance, Dance, Dance

Be True to Your School - Mr. Totten’s Berklee College of Music!

Ballad of Ole Betsy - Mr. Totten on lead! (the lovely Mrs. Totten on hand!)
Don’t Worry Baby
Little Deuce Coupe
4-0-9
Shut Down
I Get Around - Yeah!

Intermission

California Dreamin’
Sloop John B - with live flute from Randy Leago!

Wouldn’t It Be Nice

California Girls - Massachusetts Girls!

Their Hearts Were Full of Spring - BB a cappella (in the style of the chapel) quartet - Mike, Bruce, Ike and Scott

Disney Girls

I Can Hear Music

God Only Knows - dedicated to Carl (no video) Bruce on lead

Pisces Brothers - Mike’s tribute to George Harrison. Mrs. Jacquie Love in the orchestra pit - singing right along.

Summer in Paradise

Sail On Sailor - one of the more fiery songs the BB catalog - John Cowsill on lead. Most people don’t think of BB’s in that context but when you look at the Wild Honey era - it was a bolder approach and 50 years later we see they were really up to the task in that genre. A standing ovation for the Rhode Island New England native.

Rock and Roll Music
Help Me Rhonda
Kokomo
Good Vibrations

Wild Honey - more Cowsill fire - along with the Mr. Keys - Tim Bonhomme! Under the Wild Honey "honeycomb" lights!

If you haven’t added the new Sunshine Tomorrow CD - by all means - get it. It has live audio from the Thanksgiving Tour from 1967 - when the BB’s intro’d both Darlin’ and Wild Honey to their fans. And Wild Honey in remastered stereo. The two compilers/archivists who worked on the 50th Anniversary Re-issue project are Grammy Award winners (for SMiLE work) Alan Boyd and Mark Linett.

Barbara Ann
Fun, Fun, Fun

The South Shore Music Circus loved The Beach Boys!

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording