When solid ground grows soft with emerald moss and rivulets of black mud, and coffee-colored water pours slowly around the trunks of densely carpeted trees, this marks the beginning of Laod Mor: the swamp of Blossom Forest. Time itself seems to slow to a soporific crawl . . . the humid jungle air grows stagnant, thick with the scent of rich flooded earth and an abundance of green things that can be found nowhere elseóexcept perhaps Caidir Olc. In some areas of the swamp, water rises so high the only way to cross it is to crawl across fallen logs or massive roots arching from their liquid beds; in other places a wolf might wade easily through the mireóor find a fortunate stretch of mostly dry earth. Pieces of the great river, Glaesfaet Sceawere, also slice through from time to time: small falls that feed into surprisingly clear pools, only to terminate into tar-like pits. Of course, Laod Morís beauty shines brightest at night. Here, fireflies gather at all times of the year . . . suffusing the shadowy place with millions of twinkling lights.

Those looking to hunt here of course find a myriad of water prey, including caiman, turtles, fish, crayfish, otters, and toads.

In The Darkness I'll Find Stars

Camillesí auds pricked up when they heard the sound of a stick snapping. Her gaze soon turned in that direction, knowing it had to be something larger than a bunny. There, standing just a couple levels down, well actually crunching to the ground, was another creature like herself. It was a maned wolf! Wait, why was she cowering? Surely, she wasnít that scary looking? The thought made her want to laugh, most said that she was too beautiful to appear scary. Had her coat really gotten that dirty during her travel? Amusement appeared upon her face, not necessarily at Olyasí expense, but due to her own thoughts.

Cami didnít move because she didnít want to give the stranger an excuse to run. That would dampen her mood, the first wolf who might speak to her she would send scurrying for the hills. Twin towers stayed alert on top of her head instead of going flat, a sign that she wasnít being aggressive. Shortly after her maw parted as she spoke, her gentle voice would carry to the demoness, in hopes of easing her fear.

I mean you no harm hun. She would have to excuse her endearments, it was just how Camille spoke. The idea of the other wolfess possibly sticking around to speak caused her flag to wag a few times where it laid upon the rock. Please get up, my bark is worse than my bite. A smile was given then after she tried a joke to try and get the other one to ease up, literally, off the ground.

Cami hadnít noticed the dry blood on the other huntress yet. Due to the wound already being small, the blood had also dried making the scent faint. It also didnít help that there was distance between the two she-wolves along with the fact that the stranger was red in color. Almost her whole body was that shade of light red with some black and white thrown in. The otherís form seemed so delicate to her, but maybe thatís just because she looked different. Cami hadnít thought about how her staring could come off as intimidating. There was no helping it though, she found the unknown fea very intriguing, and it wasnít just the fact that she was first to come so close since getting here.

My nameís Camille. She told the lass if she hadnít bolted by then. Whatís your name dear? Her blue orbs watched in a non-threatening manner. In all honesty, if Olya hadnít stepped on the twig then she never would have been seen by Cami.

Post a reply:
Password To Edit Post:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording