Beach Boys Britain
Ridgefield Playhouse, Ridgefield, CT August 16, 2017

The Ridgefield Playhouse (for Movies and the Performing Arts) is located in the sleepy town of the same name. They must be light sleepers - and were awoken and on their feet last night, singing and dancing along with The Beach Boys.

On their website, ridgefieldplayhouse.org are a list of classes that they offer including classes on “Speaking Fearlessly” for those whose occupations require public speaking or for those who have to speak in public before a group without being crippled by anxiety. They also offer classes in TV writing including screenwriting (you never know if you have talent for this!) and on Stand Up comedy. After years of planning and fundraising the first performance was by Jose Feliciano in December of 2000.

They have hosted Marcel Marceau, Gregg Allman, The Doobie Brothers, Brian Wilson, Diana Krall, as well as question and answer sessions with Harvey Keitel, Tim Robbins, Ron Howard (Opie from Andy Griffith series) as well as Stephen Sondheim. The building is the “old high school” which hosted Aturo Toscannini during World War II. Even Disney composer Alan Menken (Beauty and the Beast/The Little Mermaid) has been involved with Ridgefield.

The Ridgefield setlist…courtesy of sound ace John Bracken…

Surfin’ Safari
Catch A Wave
Little Honda
Do It Again
Surfin’ USA

Surfer Girl - dedicated to the ladies!
Getcha Back
Good to My Baby

You’re So Good to Me - Bruce
Kiss Me Baby
Dance, Dance, Dance

Why Do Fools Fall in Love
When I Grow Up to be a Man
Darlin’ - Jeff Foskett

Be True to your School - complete with BB woodwind artist/sax/flutist Randy Leago
Ballad of Ole Betsy - Musical Director Scott Totten
Don’t Worry Baby
Little Deuce Coupe
4-0-9
I Get Around

Intermission

California Dreamin’
Sloop John B
Wouldn’t It Be Nice
Then I Kissed Her - Ike
California Girls

Their Hearts Were Full of Spring - BB quartet
Disney Girls 1957 - Bruce
I Can Hear Music - Ike - fantastic new “moving sheet music” on background video
God Only Knows - Carl from Knebworth - never get tired of the smiling Carl with his green satin jacket

Pisces Brothers - Mike’s George Harrison tribute

Summer in Paradise - and promo for Water Health International bringing clean water to some regions of India and Africa, silk scarf loomed in India - all proceeds going to this charity.

Do You Wanna Dance?
Help Me Rhonda - great keys work from Mr. Tim Bonhomme
Kokomo
Good Vibrations

Barbara Ann
Fun, Fun, Fun

During this recent Wild Honey 2017 Tour audience seating, intermission and post-close the background music is Symphonic Sounds…Nice!

Ridgefield loved The Beach Boys!

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording