Beach Boys Britain
Ocean Grove Great Auditorium, August 19, 2017

Under the Stained Glass of Ocean Grove - August 19, 2017

Ocean Grove is God’s Square Mile - in New Jersey - on their Gold Coast Shore. Founded in 1869 at a prayer meeting, there was both an invocation and the US National Anthem, The Star Spangled Banner prior to the intro for The Beach Boys. Those rituals seem to mean more than ever these days…

With this Wild Honey Tour - whose themed music was inspired by another kind of stained glass, of a honey bee and a jar of wild honey, at Brian Wilson’s home the spiritual/church stained glass, were fused last night.

A function of necessity in fully wooden building, aisles are cleaned and the audience is made aware as on a plane of the emergency exits - which are the wide open doors (natural air conditioning) leading to the courtyards which surround the building, facing doll-house cottages complete with some of the the "gingerbread" trim/moulding that is seen on Marthas’s Vineyard in Massachusetts.

Large groups of those who wanted to dance in the aisles were moved to either side of the auditorium, and Mike and Randy Leago moved to the extreme sides of the stage to be in front and close to those groups, leaving the front area of the stage fire-zone aisle clear.

BB sound expert John Bracken shared the setlist for us…

Surfin’ Safari
Catch A Wave
Little Honda
Do It Again
Surfin’ USA

Surfer Girl
Getcha Back
Good to My Baby

You’re So Good to Me
Kiss Me Baby
Then I Kissed Her - Ike and Mike swap spots for Ike to take the front line!

Dance, Dance, Dance
Summer in Paradise - good spot in the 1st half

Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
When I Grow Up to be a Man
Darlin’

Be True to Your School

Ballad of Ole Betsy
Little Deuce Coupe
4-0-9
Shut Down
I Get Around

Intermission

California Dreamin’
Sloop John B
Wouldn’t It Be Nice
California Girls - New Jersey Girls!

Their Hearts Were Full of Spring - Scott, Ike, Mike and Bruce
Disney Girls 1957 - Mr. Johnston
I Can Hear Music
God Only Knows - in God’s house on the Jersey Shore - Carl on Knebworth -

Pisces Brothers - Mike’s Tribute to George Harrison and video primer of the late 60’s music scene…

Do You Wanna Dance - Dennis Wilson on lead!
Help Me Rhonda - with photo slide band intro

Kokomo
Good Vibrations

Wild Honey - the great John Cowsill on lead and drums/percussion - the song inspired by a jar of wild honey and stained glass!

Barbara Ann - with the Ocean Grove Great Auditorium dancers led on and off by the lovely Tara

Fun, Fun, Fun - at the Ocean Grove!

Safe travel to The Beach Boys, support video and audio, guitar tech and road crew. They loved you on the Jersey Shore!

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording