Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration      Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links     Hall of Fame     Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

OVERHAUL!

I have had this argument with the tellers at Orlando including Tony Woods. They tell me there is no money in Jai alai and they couldn't do well if the wanted to due to deregulation that the state introduced years ago allowing horse track simulcasting lounges. Orlando, Ft. Peirce and Miami have seating for over 1,000 people! You can't tell me that if you fill those seats, sell merchandise, food and drinks you won't make money. Everyone seems to look at the profits from wagers as the make or break. I think the current format can be tweaked. First Don't have Jai Alai games on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays. This is over saturation. Have the games Thursday nights, Friday daytime and evening, Saturday daytime and evening and Sunday matinee. Maybe Sunday evening. As a former concert promoter that has sold out 1,000 seat venues I can tell you that the advertising of the sport needs to get creative. I have said this before, but if Fronton Mexico can sell out, it can be done here too. Advertising on Spanish television perhaps even a weekly TV show. Upgrade the video equipment! Dania went through a 54 million dollar renovation and left the same cameras and video score board in place only to be made fun of by ESPN. Show replays and hire Professional announcers that will follow the play, comment and explain the game for new fans. Player interviews between games and I hate to say this but advertise on the fronton walls! Let players have sponsors! Have Players make personal appearances at big events and on sports radio. Last but not least, hire a reputable Ad agency that has a proven track record. Focus on the talent of the individual players so they can serve as role models for younger fans and players. Promote the wagering aspect as secondary to the players and sport itself. I am sure all of this could be done for between $500,00.00 and $1,000,000.00. Not that much money to save a beautiful sport!

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording