Beach Boys Britain
Re(2): Dave Marks

How lovely. I,m glad that over the years David has finally gotten recognised properly for his rightful place in the band. He was badly treated in the past and as we all know and Murray nearly suceeded in completely erasing David,s name from Beach Boys history. It is shameful that he got away with it and things should have been done long ago to rectify that.

I think most of us fans out there knew in our hearts that there was more to David,s story than met the eye. His autobiography was a real eye opener and cast a wholly new light on so many incorrect facts that critics and journalists just assumed was correct. Murray really did do quite a number on the poor guy. Gladly of course the truth has eeked out over the years and David is finally getting the recognition that he truly deserves and should have had long ago. I cant wait for the updated, extended new version of David,s autobiography due out I think this year. I,m more certain than ever that even more truths will come to light regarding dates, etc.

David was always one of the original founding members of the Beach Boys and we have the proof of that more than ever as well as him being a legal member(inactive albeit)of the band until September 67. The list just goes on and on. And as for the amount of royalties he was cheated out of....disgraceful and I hope Capitol are putting that to rights. I have a feeling they,ve had no choice over the past ten years or so to do just that. After all no band member deserves to be treated like that and David is so unhung up on fame and money that its amazing. Plus he,s not even bitter about it all!!. What a guy.

Anyway just wanted to add to previous post and I guess I got a bit carried away. Aww heck its all for a good cause. Keep on rocking David!!

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording