Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration      Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links     Hall of Fame     Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(1): Are you ready, Florida?

This is one scary storm. Wherever this thing actually makes landfall is going to be devastated I live about 30 miles from the Coast in the north side of Tampa. we've already stocked up on some water and food while keeping an eye on the track of the storm. Waiting to see the projections for when it turns North. If it looks like it will turn towards Miami and up the East Coast we'll just stay where we are. If it looks to track up the West Coast towards Tampa we will probably pack up the dogs the kids and head north out of the state on a short vacation. I was in Miami during Hurricane Andrew and there is no reason to stay if you have the ability to get out of Harm's Way. I spent that night in a closet with a mattress over my head on the top floor of a three-story apartment building. The building next to us lost its roof. That was some scary s***

The problem we're going to have is that we have had so much rain in the last several months that every body of water is already full so if we get the kind of rain they're talking about of 5/10 + inches will have some pretty nasty flooding. If the storm comes to shore up Tampa Bay then Downtown Tampa will look like Houston did. As I'm sitting here writing this we are having a nasty thunderstorm with pouring rain and the pond across the street from my house is already full and I don't have flood insurance since I'm not in a flood zone. I hope the storm goes somewhere else but right now it's not looking good.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording