Just Big Radio Show

Outlaws Training Logs

Re(1): Since this board is/was full of old hardcore lifters i have question

I competed non stop form 15 to age 49. I retired then due to a neck fusion. I was pretty lucky I had some other small injuries hernias and other things but nothing major. I today train all the lifts once a week but do not compete. I am now 53. I was talking about this with a buddy of mine also a lifter who is now retired. The thing for me is I had lots of friends tell me back in the day that I needed to not just focus on lifting and there are many other things in life. Now in my 50s I see that. But when you are young and chasing numbers it is hard not to be focused like that. I also think that is what helps makes athletes succeed is to be focused and driven in what ever sport they are doing. I would say what ever you decide to do just keep in mind that family is the most important thing and also your health. Because when you do decide to not compete anymore you will want both of those things to be there for you. Lets face it us powerlifters are a rare breed. Not many would do what we do for what you get in return. To a lot of folks it makes no sense but to us it is just the way it is.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording