Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Tom Petty
IP: 73.69.249.156

"American Girl." Arguably the greatest American rock song ever written. Rickenbacker 12-string guitar. Rock-solid songwriting. Singularity. Jim McGuinn. Thousands of concert performances. George Harrison. Mudcrutch. Jeff Lynne. Bob Dylan. The Band. The Beatles. The Byrds. Jangly guitars with Hammond B3 and piano. Tom's very own Sirius XM station number. Classic rock for cheap car radios. "Concert for George." Award-winning videos. Keeping record prices reasonable for his younger fans. "The Postman." Never letting corporate America control his music. Staying true to his roots while moving with the times... And the best damned logo of any rock band. This was Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, the definitive American rock act. Tom Petty seemed so resilient - I think we just assumed he might live forever. This loss has left a gaping hole in the soul of rock & roll.

Yesterday morning, I had been listening all morning to Tom Petty radio on Sirius XM. It's easy to forget; I am astounded at the great body of work that represents Tom Petty's legacy. One hit after another, it seems. Even the songs that never made the top 40; the album cuts, were just remarkable. It's so easy to take an artist's efforts for granted. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were a remarkably gifted rock band, and they won't be forgotten anytime soon.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording