Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
1984 Anticipation Guide
IP: 96.246.100.90

Before reading 1984,I agreed with the statement "for an idea to exit, we must have words to express it". After chapter 1-2 of Owell's book, my belief has changed.
This statement first pushed me to agree with it because for as long as I have lived, I viewed an idea to be a statement. After reading the chapter, I think an idea is truly much more and does not require wording for it to be communicated or expressed or understood by another person. The existence of an idea is solely based on thought and its' context, an does not require words. An idea is capable of existing through actions and not just language so an individual is not required as implied by the word "must", to have words to formulate the existence of an idea.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording