WELCOME TO THE LANCASHIRE FUSILIERS MESSAGE BOARD.
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT THERE IS NO NEED TO REGISTER TO PLACE A MESSAGE ON THE BOARD. HOWEVER, IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL IF YOU WOULD PLEASE GO TO :DATABASE FORMAND COMPLETE THE FORM.
Abusive, Anonymous, and Messages that do not meet the Mission Statement will be deleted and you will be banned from the site.
Note: Please take care when entering your email address. i.e. No Spaces! Please enter your email address as someone might wish to contact you direct and they can do this by clicking on your name at the top of your message and your e mail address will come up for them. Leave the LINK NAME, LINK URL, and the IMAGE URL Boxes blank. Enter a password of your choosing this will let you edit post after they have been posted. Once your message is ready to be posted Click PREVIEW POST to check what your message will look like once on site. If you are happy with with your message then Click POST. Your message will now go on the site Messages posted in the last 24 hrs. are in White.
:SMILIES (Emoticons)
Re(21): JOSEPH EASTWOOD
IP: 86.137.184.34

I am finding it hard now Joe had gone I have known Joe for 50 years. My first meeting was in Hong Kong We did a beach landing from HMS Euryalus on one of the Islands But I was kept on board as I had two abscesses in my thumb from my cross country days pulling myself up Razor back they operated on HMS Euryalus to cut out the abscesses I was then put ashore my arm in a sling where I was met by Recce Platoon one Sgt Eastwood he told me I was to stay with them until we could meet up with A Coy and to climb on the back of his Ferret I tell you holding on was hard with just one arm I spent two days with him going all over the Island until we found A Coy but he did look after me

In 2002 he asked me if I was willing to help Colin with the web site for the LFs I agreed and was given some lessons by Colin and never looked back I have spoken to Joe nearly every day since then Planning and working on the web site him correcting me on my spellings and grammar When Colin died he asked me to be the webmaster helping to make the LF website the best Military web sites on the internet with over 20.000 photos on there and countless features we have done including his and my feature

He also encouraged me when I ran the Krypton Factor Competition wanting to get involved but lived to far away

I know Joe has put me in for a MBE 4 times which made me proud of what I was doing, now he has gone I promised him I would keep the site going as long as I could which will be hard without his guidance and he did all the research from which paid for the running of the site with your donations

Rest in Peace my friend you will be missed by many from the LFs and your RRF days save 2RRF on the two London Marches and when you stood up at the Conservative Party Conference and the tour we did of the battlefields to the stories you use to tell and you were going to write a book of them all but never got round to it I am sure it would have been a best seller. Just a few of my favourite memories of our Joe

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright 2000-2010
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording