Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration      Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links     Hall of Fame     Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)
"King of the Hill" - Official Rules

Use these links to enter King of the Hill picks
Fri 11/24 Sat 11/25 Eve Sun 11/26 Mon 11/27 Tue 11/28
Entries Entries Entries    
My Picks My Picks My Picks    

Hoots mon!

Good point.

This is not like "The Hot Scots" with Larry, Moe, and Shemp impersonating Scotsmen when they show up at the great hall of Glenheather Castle wearing kilts, awaiting the Earl, and a nervous Shemp asks, "Hey Moe, is my slip showin'?" Or later, "Hi Lorna. How ya Doone?

No, nothing like that.

Therefore I'll go with Sour Milk for $500.

The answer is - "In dairy terms, a very good reason why we must remain skeptical about this whole Due Number business."

tick...tick...tick... ok... Alex, what is "The curds get in the whey?"

Of course by 'curds', I mean the logical implications that get in the 'whey' of our faith that numbers can in fact be due.

Now, I actually built up a lengthy chain-of-logic type of argument for this, but too many words - forget it.

Very, very simply:

For a Due Number Theory to have any meaning, then in its 'Due' state, a number must be significantly more likely to hit than usual.

Yes?

If so, then that implies that at all other times, the 'Not Due' state, the number has to less be likely than usual.

For example - according to Tiger's Pure Trifecta Probabilities, overall the number 635 is about a 1 in 201 frequency.

If you want to make 10% profit on a DN system with this number, then in the 'Due' state, 635 needs to come in approx 1 in 136 times, meaning 47% more likely than our base expectation.

Inescapable conclusion:

If Due Number Theory is right, then the Pure Trifecta Probabilities are wrong.

Any number that qualifies as potentially 'Due', must exist in 1 of 2 possible states.

If 'Due', then it has a significantly higher probability than what is shown.

If 'Not Due', then somewhat less likely than what is shown - eg: 635 goes from 1 in 201 to about 1 in 211.

But it will never match the figures provide by Tiger.

Correct me if I am wrong.

BTW, I am not actually ridiculing 'Due Numbers'. Just examining the implications, the same way I attack any and all ideas re jai-alai theory.

Truth is I have spent zero time testing Due Numbers out. So who knows, they may work. At any rate, no more Due Numbers posting from me.

Good luck to the believers.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording