Beach Boys Britain
Unleashing The Love in Schenectady NY, November 14, 2017

Beach Boys at Proctor’s in Schenectady, NY - November 14, 2017

When F.F. Proctor - the "Dean of Vaudeville” opened this complex, in 1926 one wonders if he could have envisioned that 90+ years later that there would still be performances in it’s restored state, and still a hub of culture and art for the Capitol Region in NY. Often, it is forgotten that Albany is the capitol city of the state of New York. Schenectady is in the greater Albany area. General Electric was a early sponsor of the theater in the 1920’s but declined quickly upon the onset of The Great Depression of the 1930’s.

A quote from Albert Einstein resides on the mission statement page of the CEO…”Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.”

Fast forward to the 1970’s, when it was threatened with being torn down and a group of activist citizens marshalled their efforts to advance a restoration which hosts Broadway productions, film screenings, local performers and our Beach Boys last night.

Inside the grand entry one finds the corridors lined with arcade boutiques, with local souvenirs, as well as a bar and refreshments. Of course there was a BB merch table alongside - complete with 2017 BB Wild Honey hoodies and other goodies!

Last night was an "Unleashed" cameo…from Mike’s new release Unleash The Love - slated for release in a few days on the 17th. The lovely refresh of "Brian’s Back” was on the pre-show setlist…with those ever-dearer indispensable Carl vocals flown-in. Impossible to imagine he is gone nearly 20 years but ever-present at every concert, as is Dennis, alive in spirit.

And the setlist…shared by the lovely Tara!

Surfin’ Safari
Catch A Wave
Hawaii
Do It Again
Surfin’ USA

Surfer Girl
Getcha Back
Good To My Baby

Kiss Me Baby
Dance, Dance, Dance

Aren’t You Glad - from Wild Honey!

Darlin’ Jeff Foskett
So Young - Ike
Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
When I Grow Up to Be a Man
All the Love in Paris - from Unleash the Love
Be True to Your School

Ballad of Ole Betsy - Musical Director Scott Totten
Don’t Worry Baby (every thing will turn out all right) Jeff Foskett
I Get Around

Intermission
California Dreamin’
Sloop John B
Wouldn’t it Be Nice
Then I Kissed Her - Ike
California Girls

Their Hearts were Full of Spring - BB quartet - Mike, Bruce, Scott and Ike

Disney Girls 1957 - sounding as good and as fresh as what can be found on Youtube from 1971. Check out the Princeton, NJ concert about 30 minutes in, from November 13, 1971. Bruce Johnston. Great keyboard accompaniment from Tim.

Warmth of The Sun - November, 1963.
God Only Knows - the blue light bathed stage for Carl’s lead from Knebworth.

Pisces Brothers - some fresh video of the Beatle’s George Harrison. Nice.

Unleash The Love - hearing a newly released BB song on the radio - always commanded full attention - despite knowing that as you tried to catch every note and word - an impossible task - and triggering an immediate visit to the record store - to digest it all - and on one’s own terms. I think it is a very nice song, a gospel feel, great, great keyboard work from Tim, Mr. Keys Bonhomme - one listen did leave me with that old feeling of wanting to hear it again…and the wait won’t be long since it is being released in a few days.

Do You Wanna Dance? Good Old Dennis - eternally hunky!

Kokomo - fine sax from Randy Leago!

Help Me Rhonda - band intro…

Barbara Ann - and a tiny onstage dancer!

Good Vibrations - 1966!

Wild Honey - Wild Honey Tour - Mr. John Cowsill - sporting a classic I Love NY t-shirt! Rock-it!

Fun, Fun, Fun

Schenectady loved The Beach Boys! - Always "Unleashing The Love!"

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording