Beach Boys Britain
Unleash Wild Honey - Morristown, NJ - November 15, 2017

Unleashed Wild Honey in Morristown, NY November 15, 2017

Morristown is warmer than Schenectady by about 20 degrees - a very good thing - being in denial of the inevitable and unpredictable winter that awaits, so even a little respite from reality is welcome. Last night the BB’s played The Mayo Performing Arts Center, built in 1937, a component of the Walter Read movie theater chain in New Jersey during Hollywood’s Golden Age.

Nothing lasts forever and by 1984 it had fallen from it’s former glory and needed restoration to become a community arts resource, serving school children, adults, as well as a venue for major performers such as the Kirov Orchestra of St. Petersburg, Russia.

There is nothing like new material to keep all of us on our toes. Having seen the Original Wild Honey Tour (Thanksgiving tour of 1967) as a child, and supported by now digital audio, I can remember The Beach Boys doing a little preface for the audience that it was only the first or second time playing Darlin’ live - "so please “bear with us.”

Last night two newbies from Unleash the Love resurrected that ever slight trepidation with that very humble deep breath and a “Here goes…” - with best foot forward to do a good job. As long as they have been onstage - at many stages when they would release new material - they had to "break it in” live. We all are there at some point or another. And getting past that - keeps us all on our toes. Even The Beach Boys…

The setlist from sound man extraordinaire John Bracken…Thank you, sir!

Surfin’ Safari
Catch A Wave
Hawaii
Do It Again
Surfin’ USA

Surfer Girl
Getcha Back
Good to My Baby Jeff-Mike shared lead

Kiss Me Baby
Dance, Dance, Dance

Aren’t You Glad - Mr. Totten, Musical Director - very cool "Aren’t You Glad" T-shirts are on the merch table!

Darlin’ - Jeff Foskett
So Young - Doo Wop 1950’s - on lead Ike

Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
When I Grow Up to be a Man

All the Love in Paris - from Unleash the Love

Be True to Your School
Ballad of Ole Betsy - Scott Totten
Don’t Worry Baby -
Little Deuce Couple
4-0-9
Shut Down - great sax - Randy Leago!
I Get Around

Intermission

California Dreamin’
Sloop John B
Wouldn’t It Be Nice
Then, I Kissed Her - Ike
California Girls - New Jersey Girls!

Their Hearts Were Full of Spring - BB quartet - Mike, Bruce, Ike and Scott

Disney Girls 1957 - Mr. Johnston

The Warmth of the Sun
God Only Knows - Carl Wilson tribute

Pisces Brothers - Mike - and great guitar work from Scott

Unleash the Love - from the album of the same title coming out tomorrow the 17th!

Do You Wanna Dance - Dennis Wilson tribute

Kokomo - great keys from Mr. Bonhomme

Help Me Rhonda

Barbara Ann

Good Vibrations

Wild Honey - raw firepower on drums and on lead, John Cowsill

Fun, Fun, Fun!

Morristown, New Jersey loved The Beach Boys!

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording