WELCOME TO THE LANCASHIRE FUSILIERS MESSAGE BOARD.
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT THERE IS NO NEED TO REGISTER TO PLACE A MESSAGE ON THE BOARD. HOWEVER, IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL IF YOU WOULD PLEASE GO TO :DATABASE FORMAND COMPLETE THE FORM.
Abusive, Anonymous, and Messages that do not meet the Mission Statement will be deleted and you will be banned from the site.
Note: Please take care when entering your email address. i.e. No Spaces! Please enter your email address as someone might wish to contact you direct and they can do this by clicking on your name at the top of your message and your e mail address will come up for them. Leave the LINK NAME, LINK URL, and the IMAGE URL Boxes blank. Enter a password of your choosing this will let you edit post after they have been posted. Once your message is ready to be posted Click PREVIEW POST to check what your message will look like once on site. If you are happy with with your message then Click POST. Your message will now go on the site Messages posted in the last 24 hrs. are in White.
:SMILIES (Emoticons)
Re(6): The LF web site
IP: 217.44.72.16

Cass I am not sure what you mean What medals are you talking about The museum will buy medals if they are inportant ones and they know about them They have boxes and boxes of them most on display but there is only so much they can display and so far as I know they have not sold anything The regimental silver that was held by RHQ the Tower are the items for sale and these items are from the messes of the anticeeding Battalions but first I understood they have been offered back to the person that presented it to that mess and them offered to the museums what is left they have put up for auction but our lads are given priority before being offer world wide before the last auction the museum at Bury got a incent burner given to the LF's when the Japaneees invaded China in 1930s I have just been told the Museum can accept donation of medals but have far to many so will not buy them I hope this answers your question Cass
See the link below at bottom of page they were also given the figure at the same time I will get a photo of it next time I am in museum

LF's in China

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright 2000-2010
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording