Help the poor struggler
IP: 51.7.13.191

Good setters of quizzes are kind. It is their job to dispatch their hapless victim but they will take care not to leave him or her dangling in mid-air to expire painfully and without hope. They will throw in a word of comfort that even at the eleventh hour might bring about a stay of execution.

I was granted such a reprieve last night by a kindly Prodigal. I got the Hurricane Smith question. It rang distant bells but bells far too distant for me to reach out and grab to break my fall. And then I went through the question word for word...."breezed into the top 10".....why is that there?..... The Zephyrs? - don't be silly....Gail Tyldesley? - no, he definitely had a chin....Hurricane Higgins? - no, this guy was rugged looking but not without charisma....Hurricane Smith? - yep, that's the guy.

Nil desperandum and thank you, kind Prodigal, whoever you are.

PS I looked him up this morning and sadly he wasn't really called Hurricane. He was a Norman. The singer, I mean, not the Prodigal.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording