Welcome to The X-Files Lost and Found Board.

Having trouble remembering the title or author of a fanfic? Search for it here. Are you a wealth of fanfic knowledge? Please, share it.
But when you post a request, PLEASE be specific in the subject line. Title, author, or genre of fic will narrow down the search and direct
people who may know what you're looking for. Generic or vague "Looking for a fic" subject lines are not helpful, as that's all we do here.
And while off topic posts are allowed, we'd all appreciate an OT in the subject line so we know you're not asking a fic question.
It's all about the fic, so it's all good. Thank you for your co-operation.

And don't forget to check out The Board Guidelines!

Good question

To which I can only speculate. My son and I were discussing the possibilities and came up with several that could happen.

1. Fan sites would just become part of a particular provider's lineup, which means you'd need to know who's carrying it so you could buy that package.

2. Fan site owners would have to pay a yearly fee to be added to whatever providers where they want to be available.

3. All fan sites would be ignored and disappear.

There are just so many things wrong with getting rid of net neutrality, and fan sites are just one of them. Another problem is that low-income and disabled users probably wouldn't be able to afford to buy a provider package in order to stay connected. Will libraries have enough in their budgets to provide multiple provider packages to make the most necessary sites available to the many people who go because they don't have Internet access at home? Whether this is a deliberate or accidental side effect of the push to eliminate net neutrality is anybody's guess but I'm not betting against it.

I'd be interested to hear what others think. It's a topic that could easily affect all of us at some point if the GOP and FCC have their way.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

The Gossamer Project|Ephemeral|The Annex: X-Files Novel Archive
Homestead Author's Pages|Xffics Author's Pages|X-Files on Live Journal
X-Files Fanfic Lost and Found Message Board FAQ

Smiley Key

Email Administrator
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording