Just Big Radio Show

Outlaws Training Logs

Zetia

Don't know if effective or not or if it has other sides, but it works differently from statins. The problem with statins is that the process by which they suppress cholesterol production also suppresses production of Coenzyme Q10 and makes it hard to recover from training. This does not happen to most people who use statins but is not uncommon in athletes. Going on one was originally my idea as my cholesterol was not in the high range. I had read some studies showing they have a prophylactic effect on heart disease and thought it would be a good idea to use one. (I should have read them more carefully; statins are mainly beneficial to people who already have had a heart incident). No sides for first few years; it was probably mid-40s when I noticed problems with energy and recovery from training and stopped using it.

I don't know if he still posts on here, but JK is very knowledgeable in this area and may have some suggestions.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording