Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Miami scratches    Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(2): Curley - I know you had that 163 tri at Dania

Strange thing is that my C64 (so to speak) picks 163 as the 6th best tri in game 11.

Why that is even possible is that the game StraymarJA was referring to was actually game 10.

But even so, it was possible to make a 'handicapping' selection of 163 in G10 as follows:

1 - A few people during the contest spoke of avoiding Erik due to overbet factor, so a 'look elsewhere' policy is easy to understand.

2 - post 1 = best in singles

3 - Inmportant factor - what I call 'opposite low post' has us looking closely at 1 Tevin vs 2 Jairo as critical. hmmm...

4 - Confuse-Us say: Tevin better night-timer, and yes, it be night.

5 - What about them others? Well, Zulaika is great for sure and has post 3, but he ended the past season with 1 win in his last 30 or so games. For whatever reason, maybe his singles game is just off. And Diego has been shipped out to the boonies in post 7.

6 - Therefore, if you do want to take a chance on post 1, Tevin winning, and you cover all the 'good' tri numbers, (I'm currently going with 23 of them in my '1 wins package') well, 163 is definitely in there.

Conclusion: any normal or even Skiena-style method will probably laser-lock on Erik. 163 would not even be in the top 50 list. But a value-seeking contrarian could make a case for 1 Tevin in that game and collect on the 163 as part of 1-whatever. And it wouldn't take all day to figure it out, either.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording