Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Miami scratches    Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(2): Jai Alai Player Metrics

I have thought of the same thing.
I agree with many of perry's stats.
From a betting perspective i think it would be useful to have an average post position number. for example. If a player played 4 games and started at Gm 1 -post 5, Gm 2 - 2, Gm3 - 1, Gm4 - 4 his average post position would be a 3.0. Pretty favorable number. if his stats were good, it may be a product of that low starting post average, but if his stats were low it would mean that his is not a very good player if he cant put up good numbers in low posts.
Also, average points score per 7pt game (similar to ERA for pitchers). Just a thought.

A few player stats i would love to see:
*- Kill Shots. What is a favorite kill shot of a player? how often does he score with it vs how often he shoots it? percentage of successful kill shots within the 5 line? kill shots per point? Kill shots caught by opponent %?
This would tell us if a player is aggressive with kill shots or a catcher/thrower, does he shoot himself in the foot if he is aggresive?
How about percent of serves picked? % of kill shots on picked serves? etc

*- Right side to left side ratio
*- score on rebote ratio (right and left) (does he score a lot or a little when throwing a rebote and which side is more effective)
*- Unforced errors per doubles game

I have so many of these metrics in my head that i would love see on day to day games and especially in partidos.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording