Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Miami scratches    Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(2): Jai Alai Player Metrics

StraymarJA,thank you so much for sharing your well thought out approach.The beauty of the
computer simulation is that it "programs" the rules of the game and the advantages of post
position.Of course,the key input for every point played in the simulation where player A plays
player B is their probability of winning that point.I think you will admit that your input win %
for each player is pivotal and your approach for calculating them is quite crude.In my dreamworld
database you know "exactly" (assuming credible data) how often Erik wins a point against each of his
opponents and what that win% is depending on whether he is serving or receiving.For example,if he
serves against Zulaika he wins 66% of the time but when he receives against Zulaika he only wins
50% of the time.So each player has 14 input win %'s entered (both serve and receive win %'s against
each of his 7 opponents in the game)in the simulation.The unanswered question,of course,is how much
this data would improve your output in the simulation??!!I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording