Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Miami scratches    Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Bolivar... Sleepy Matinees, or Not?

Going back several years, it was gratifying for me to read some comments here that indicated some people thought that Bolivar was often not at his best in the matiness at Milford.

Why?

Because my experience with observing him was at Bridgeport and Palm Beach led me to the same conclusion.

As I see it, the system of playing 7 or 8 perfs per week makes it mentally and physically impossible to always be at your peak. So each player - consciously or not - probably adapts to the demands of the schedule in their own way.

This idea would be supported by modern research on athletic performance wrt recovery. A quick example would be humankinetics.com.

Aside from that, there is a possibility that having 4 or 5 thousand screaming - totally into it - fans creates some kind of energizing buzz as well. An effect that may be provable by science at some point in the future. Another factor to consider.

So... does anyone have any opinions about Boli, or any other player having an apparent day / night or weekday / week end, or any other kind of bias?

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2018 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording