Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Miami scratches    Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(5): Jai Alai Player Metrics

Just happened to notice in today's Miami matinee that the 542 in game 5 paid $2,164 and the
413 in game 6 paid $26.A beautiful example of a statistician thinking :"Should I have known
that those payoffs with those numbers are predictable?".The answer is a resounding YES!!!
I'm sure that most of you realize that my reason for posting this thread was more out of
intellectual curiosity than anything else.I realize that betting jai alai is much more of an art
than a science.However,something like today's payoff results are actually quite predictable.In the
old days (say 1980 in Ct.) you could see printout posted even before the game was over of exactly
how much money was bet on each trifecta combination.I was always amazed at how consistent the
betting patterns were from game to game regardless of who the players were.Sure people would bet
somewhat heavier than expected on certain combinations when better players were in those post
positions but that still made the betting patterns predictable because you could take that into
account.In Miami today with such low handle and only "hard core" gamblers left the pattern is still
quite predictable.For example,Aritz is extremely "over bet" and someone like Jon extremely "under bet".Both the 542 and the 413 are relatively easy numbers to come out but very few people realize
that the 542 bet in game 5 was a much smarter bet than the 413 bet in game 6 even if it didn't
come out.Remember the betting pattern is just as important as any dreamworld database!!!

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording