Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Miami scratches    Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Joey/Soroa vs Goiko/Lopez

I'm sure its been discussed before but the current background got me thinking again how the best from the 70's and 80's would stack up against the best of today. I believe Joey or Bolivar or Cachin paired with Soroa or Elorza or Felix would beat Goicochea and Lopez and by a lot. Goicochea and Lopez both throw hard but not hard enough that it would overpower Joey or Soroa. Joey (or Boli or Inclan or etc) would just catch it on the reverse or forhand, depending on the player, and put the ball where they are not.

I believe there is a drop off in talent from Goicochea/Aritz/Lopez/Irastorza to the next level of players and it makes them look much better than they actually are. In the 70's and 80's each post position was stacked with talent, there were no free points.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2018 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording