Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
M. Newell = Ladies' Man
IP: 72.86.135.115

Just because there was never a female Cleaner, that doesn't mean the Guv is averse to cross-gender collaboration.

Exhibit A: the indescribable Petunia Liebling-MacPumpkin has a brand new album "I Left My Heart In Uncanny Valley". The song 'Mad Hatter's Ball' features Martin reciting some Carroll verses. electricphantom.bandcamp.com/track/mad-hatter-s-ball

Exhibit B: Lurking within Soundcloud are some 2012/13 live performances by Martin and Jeanette Lynes. There are a couple of songs originally from the Tea With Lady Breakneck podcasts, where Jeanette first sang them as part of the ensemble. Martin accompanies on piano and sings the intro to 'Never Call Me Boopsie'. Then there's 'The House On Primrose Hill' which I assume Martin wrote but I don't know its provenance. soundcloud.com/search?q=jeanette|0lynes

Jeanette also belongs to the Essex band SoundMirrors. I sampled some of their tunes and came away mightily impressed. youtube.com/channel/UCcaw8f_UEp5mmf4xfYNOO3g

To conclude with - a female cover version from last year: a terrific performance of the Lizards' 'Sand Dragon' by Karma Scene faves The Corner Laughers. This appears to be a stray track not on any album. soundcloud.com/cornerlaughers/sand-dragon

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording