Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Miami scratches    Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Interesting Miami Jai Alai 1982 program

I got this from a collector on ebay, I had special interest cause I noticed the writing on it and recognized as a player's manager (or assistant) official notes. If I remember correctly what a friend (Argote) taught me a few months ago:
-the green little handwritten numbers to the left of the players names are the odds
-the circled numbers are obviously who got 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
-the red numbers are the sequence of who beat who in the first round, example in game 10 the post 1 beat post 2, then 3 beat 1 then 4 beat 3, 4 beat 5 and so on until 7 beats 8
-the blue numbers are who beat who in the second round (double points), like the post 2 beats the 7 and the 1 and the 2, then loses to 5, later the 8 goes on a tear and rips the 6, the 7, the 1 and the 3 to win the game.
-The last numbers are how many points each score in single points in first round (in red) and how many in second round (double points in blue), example in game 10 team 1 got only 1 point in first round, team two won 3 times in second round making 2-4 and ended up with 6 points, you can see the 8 team won 4 times in second round winning the quiniella.
-the hour at the top means (in game 10 for example) that the post time was 10:00 oclock (in red ink), it was delayed by 6 minutes (blue ink) and ended at 10:25 (in green ink), therefore the game lasted 19 minutes
- That's all I got :-) BTW game 12 was straight 7 points, I don't know why in the last column there are green numbers on team 1 and 4, maybe they mean they had to do a playoff between those two teams and the one won by scoring two double points to 1 by team four???

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2018 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording