Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(7): Anyone a fan of Billy Joel?
IP: 73.69.249.156

"Ageing Ted", Thanks for the comments. I have had that song in my cover song list for decades. I do not play it much anymore, because when I get to the notorious line "You just sit at home and masturbate," people laugh like little school kids. That line appears to be the only one they actually hear. It makes me incredibly angry... they do not understand, nor even care about the words or understand the intensity of the lyrics. To them, it's nothing more than a "dirty word," evoking an adolescent giggle from the listener.

There is another classic that I enjoy playing that I once enjoyed playing but recently "pulled the plug" on, and that is "Sunday Morning Coming Down," by Kris Kristofferson. The line goes "Well, I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt... and the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had more for dessert." They do not get or recognize the sadness expressed in the lyric. To many people, everything is a joke unless it impacts them personally. The entire feeling is lost on people that do not recognize suffering at all, unless their phone battery goes dead., it seems. I guess I'd be better off playing "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey all night.

Best To All, Jim Hollis
NH, USA

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording