Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Miami scratches    Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(1): video

I agree that the long point was entertaining.However,it was not a great point.One of the things
I dislike about the Dania court and the Dania backcourters is that they don't keep the ball on the
side wall.How many backhand throws hugged the side wall?how many forehands "crossed " the wall?
I think the game is most exciting when the players keep the ball on the side wall or cross the wall
or get thrown hard into the corner because these throws are hard to catch.Urtaran forehands are
totally predictable and easy for pros to catch.Israel is a great catcher but his throws are also
easy to catch and he almost never can hit the back wall near the corner.His forehand is extremely
weak.Barandika made some very nice forehand rebotes and has beautiful form but during the rally he only threw one hard backhand into the corner and close to the wall.The Miami court is much more
exciting to watch with great players (back in the day) because they keep the ball on the side wall.
Having out of bounds on the side wall like the Dania court makes for less exciting points because
players don't want to make an unforced error hitting the side wall up high.Sorry to be "picky" but
I guess I have seen too many great points played by great players over the years and using the side
wall the way it was meant to be used!!

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2018 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording