Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Girls Girls Girls
IP: 72.86.135.24

Joe inspired me to post my own rock history survey. I've been reading a book about the last days of Nico (and bloody depressing it is, too) so here's a glimpse of happier days. Before she hung out with Andy and Lou, she hung out with Brian Jones and Jimmy Page for this debut single (covering a Gordon Lightfoot song). Black and white promo clip showing her at peak 1965 beauty -
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PINZNB6knaA

Skip ahead one year and we find an experimental film by highly regarded artist Bruce Connor. He shows us young Toni Basil (from Philadelphia!) dancing to her debut single Breakaway (with a b-side written by Graham Gouldman). Toni helpfully sheds all her clothing in the service of art. So come for the kick-ass song, stay for the bare-ass nudity (tolerated for the moment by YouTube). It took Toni sixteen years to make her next single, the immortal Mickey (which was itself a reworking of Kitty by UK band Racey).
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdO2ZspP9n0

What ties these two songs together? They were both covered in the 21st century by the reunited Primitives, whom I worshipped in their '80s incarnation. Breakaway was on their reunion EP along with this gem (whose video, in an insane coincidence, totally resembles a '60s experimental film):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsB333ckdzo

In conclusion, here's Blondie covering the best song ever written about oral sex (55 years ago!):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWTvp9epuqo

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording