Retiree's Qualify for HR-218 at New TPD range. IP: 22.214.171.124 Posted on February 20, 2018 at 01:32:16 PM by Webmaster
The Tampa Police Department Training Unit will regularly hold qualifications for TPD retirees or other applicable former TPD officers who wish to be qualified to carry under the Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (commonly referred to as HR-218). Advertisement of the qualifications will be made in advance regarding the dates and times.
· Cost for the qualification is $25 total. Payment must be made during the qualification via a check or money order made out to RISE Tampa
· Individuals will report to the TPD Firearms Training Facility at designated times and meet with the lead instructor for the qualification
· The lead instructor will be CJSTC certified to conduct firearms training
· The instructor will review the course of fire, safety rules and any other relevant information prior to beginning the course
· Each attendee will complete a waiver form/hold harmless agreement
· Attendees must have their own handgun, a holster, a spare magazine for semi-automatics and a minimum of 40 rounds of ammunition
· Attendees will have (2) attempts to qualify. If they do not pass either, they must return on another date and pay another fee
· Attendees may qualify with both semi-automatics and revolvers. They may attempt (2) qualifications with each
· Attendees who successfully complete the course of fire will be issued the applicable qualification card(s) signed and dated by the applicable instructor. Cards are valid for 12 months from date of issue.
Kenneth Morman, Police Training Specialist
Tampa Police Department
411 North Franklin Street
Tampa, FL 33602
813-242-8442 Replies: There have been no replies.
You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.