Just Big Radio Show

Outlaws Training Logs

Here is the thing

I have been in the sport since 1980. I have competed raw and multi ply. No one now really cares what someone can bench with a shirt. Especially the young lifters. I am training a teen who is breaking all kinds of bench records. He grew up watching the sport. I could not get him to put on a bench shirt. I also think with the raw lifting meets go so much faster not waiting for someone to get adjusted into the gear. It is also more inviting for folks to get into the sport. You do not need to spend hundreds of dollars on gear. That is why you see so many more women and kids lifting. There also have been huge jumps in the pulls and squats with the numbers being put up raw. I also think the non lifter can relate more to raw lifting. I think myself I am glad I lifted single ply for most of my lifting years. I am not sure if I was always lifting raw I would be able to be as healthy now in my older age. It will be interesting to see where it goes in another 20 years but I think like it or not the raw lifting is here to stay for some time.

Post a reply:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording