Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Miami scratches    Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

"Winter Knockout" - Description & Rules
(click here for updated bracket)

"I Drink and I Know Things"

Alright, let's give Sherlock a break with the over-used, "Data, Watson, we must have data", and instead reference a quote from the world's most famous imp, Tyrion Lannister.

For the "Know Things" part, the plan is to examine EVERY point played by Aritz in EVERY singles game for Feb 2018.

For the "Drink" part, Rockstar by day, Heineken by night.

Now, I wasn't going to post this until my study was complete, but owing to Perry's savvy response, here's an advance leak of what I have so far at about 85% complete.

Because I download the Miami videos from RTN just for future (maybe) reference, esp wrt to scratches, those replay vids are all here in my computer. Never viewed, however.

Tough job to look at that many games, but my VLC media player lets me zip thru the games fairly quickly, and I also watched at 2X speed most of the time.

What I have found so far is so astounding that I will probably start all over again but use more care in the categorization and documenting.

My method so far is just simple hash marks for type of situation and W or L.

What I looked at was what happened when Aritz was able to make the first passing shot in singles.

1st pass 27 - 16

2nd pass 14 - 0

3rd pass 8 - 1

4th pass 2 - 0

5th pass 1 - 0

6th pass ---

7th pass ---

8th pass 2 - 0

1st pass sets up carom or dejada 20 - 1

Opponent backs up for hoped-for 'cutoff' 3 - 0

Now that categorization is kind of loose. Maybe someone can suggest an improvement.

For example, '1st pass' was for immediate W or L, but of course can lead to a front court put-away, or rinse and repeat with more passing shots.

In addition, the first passing shot is basically the START of getting the upper hand in the point - often with a reverse that comes out big and rebote-able - but the subsequent passing shots are usually right side, from closer up, better placed, and tougher to return.

But just looking at cats 2 thru 8, we get 27 - 1!!! (That's why I will probably recheck this)

Bottom line for now = Aritz is not using a Kill Shot, he's using a KILL SYSTEM.

Now, how big should that fine be?

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2018 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording