Just Big Radio Show

Outlaws Training Logs

Re(2): Shoulda hired me for it

That's a good article. Hitchcock's remarks are funny and don't surprise me a bit. It has never ceased to amaze me that people look for political guidance from some airhead they like in a tv show or movie. Actors have no background in political subjects and generally aren't capable of rigorous analytical reasoning necessary to form cogent opinions on the subjects they spout off on. Politicians suck up to them because they are famous, and narcissists that they are, they interpret this to mean they are somehow experts on whatever subject they choose to blather on about and lecture the rest of us.

Paul Stanley of Kiss had a good quote about this: "I don't know what's more embarrassing, these musicians and actors talking about politics in interviews, or the media giving them credibility about it. It's absurd that a celebrity could speak out on the economy or politics with no more justification than a hit album or a movie."

Post a reply:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording