Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Secret Love
IP: 72.86.134.75

Well, Brian, you may be overthinking this. No one is claiming any link between love and hurricanes (good album title, though). It was a purely musical tribute. For the sake of clarity, I quote the Partridge passage - Speaking of things Andy's heard that others might not have, second track 'Before The Hurricane', with its lovely string samples, contains a secret. "I don't know if I've ever told anyone this before, not even Martin. But 'Before The Hurricane' was done as an homage to 'Secret Love' by Doris Day. About halfway through 'Secret Love', it goes into these horse-trotting, pizzicato strings and I wanted to do something that sounded like that. And I did."

Actually, Andy first broke this news on Twitter last October - https://twitter.com/xtcfans/status/923922331755565056

Fun fact: 'Secret Love' won the 1953 Academy Award for Best Song, beating 'My Flaming Heart' co-written by five-time nominee the immortal Slug Brodszky.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording