Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(1): Look What The Cat Dragged In
IP: 98.110.136.24

Thank U Very Much Aging Ted for the shout out. For those of you in the pub who are puzzled, the piccy that he posted was that of a vintage board game that was made by a company here in Salem, MA which later became known as Parker Brothers. They were most famous for Monopoly, but they also produced Risk, Oijii (sic) Boards & Nerf Balls among many other toys & games. I actually worked @ the Monopoly assembly line for a weekend when I was in college. I put in little shoes & dogs in the games for two days. I remember spending some of my wages on a copy of The Yardbirds' Greatest Hits. Anyway, Parker Brothers got gobbled up & disappeared in the corporate mists about 30 yrs. ago & the factory got torn down for luxury apartments. Today little remains of Parker Brothers in Salem, except perhaps in the games lurking in the closets & attics.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording