Para nuestros invitados que hablan Español
Desafortunadamente, no tenemos dinero suficiente para que Chalk Talk sea bilingüe, pero si usted desea dejar mensajes en Español, hágalo sin ningún miedo. Deseamos que con esta información le hayamos facilitado el uso de nuestro foro.

Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration    Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links    Hall of Fame    Miami scratches    Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

López interview: Passion

In an interview, Jai alai player Imanol López talks about his passion for sports

Carmen Sánchez Friday, April 13, 2018
With a frank smile and stature that approaches two meters, Imanol López agrees to take photographs with young people pelotaris
of the Mundet Club and its disposition is honest, since it interests him that the new generations approach the sport, that in his case, has been the motor that has impelled him, even with the sacrifices and the physical pain, to be world champion in five times.

It was in Zumaia, Spain, the place where in 1984, the athlete was born and nine years later he began playing hand pelota "that here in Mexico is very popular," he says.

Later he managed to enter a Basque Basketball team, because the coaches realized that "I had transferable skills", because of his ability to go after the ball and in that time "I had a great season, everything became very natural and I ended up in this sport, "he says.

At 18 years of age, Imanol was already a professional of Jai Alai and to date has a record of winning championships, "I now have 34, then it's 16 years of hard work at the professional level, well, fortunately, now all I would ask is that the injuries respect me and continue to support new talents."

Lopez recognizes that physical preparation is paramount in his lifestyle, so "I try to have well-toned muscles, a good cardio, a lot of massage and therapy, because the more years you have playing, the body has to be taken care of.

plus".

As to what the word "competition" means to him, the pelota player
He mentions that "as it currently costs me more to win, I have to motivate myself every day, young people are pushing hard and one should get 120 percent. Today I take it as a gift that is giving me life, I enjoy it much more and if the result is positive what better".

Being a "high performance" athlete for Imanol has been satisfactory, but at the same time sacrificed, "the sport gives you too much, but there comes a time in life when you have to focus on something else, (he studied business administration) you also spend a lot of pain, because the body punishes you a lot, the sport is great but competition as such demands a lot from you".

For this reason, the athlete takes care of his diet, goes to the gym and has therapy for the areas of his body that are damaged "because the players of Jai alai occupy only one right part," he says.

With one year of residence in our country and with a season of competitions in the Frontón México, López believes that in this territory there is a good level of players, but he sees that there is a desire for sports activity in which one has to have good objectives. defined and believes that in any area of ​​life "you have to work to succeed and discipline is better, I am a promoter and promoter one hundred percent of the sport".

Finally, Imanol mentions that for the time being he will dedicate himself to his next tournaments and if he wants to share aspects of his life in a book, he pointed out that there is a documentary about him and maybe he dedicates himself to give lectures or is encouraged to write his biography to give testimony of his experience as pelota player.

El Sol de Parral article (en Español)

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2018 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording