Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(4): Cure for winter
IP: 73.69.249.156

Very cool, Joe. "Jungle Jim" was a crazy bastard, and not taken too seriously by the NHRA drivers. He was thought of as a showman, like Tom McEwen, the "other side" of the Mattel Hot Wheels drag racing team. That said, Liberman scored many wins. I remember him showing up late for a nationals final, and they disqualified him! Evidently, he was notorious for his blase attitude.

Our Man Martin is not a car buff per se, but I know he appreciates his share of fine automobiles, especially that "Chocolate Vauxhall." What say, Mr. Nule?

Joe, actually drag racing is far more exciting today than it ever was in "our times." It is entirely astonishing the speed, power, and cacophany created by pro stock and the higher classes. Top fuelers create an unearthly sound. It's like nothing you'll ever understand until you hear it. It is truly "gut wrenching." 11,000 horsepower in three seconds... at 335 mph. It is life-changing, I kid you not.

As for the piccy posted here, I watched this Pro Stock Mustang II clean up the track with Bill "Grumpy Jenkins at Atco, NJ in 1977. Dyno Don Nicholson took best out of three and put Chevy to shame... again.

Best to Joe, Martin, and all at the Karma Scene,
Jim Hollis
NH, USA

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording